WHY WOULD A GOOD GOD, PUT THAT TREE THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE?!
1. Love can’t exist without a choice.
2. Perfection doesn’t help us!
Why is this evil in my life?!
1. You may have brought it onto yourself at some point, by wanting your eyes to be opened.
2. Other people’s eyes being opened, bring evil into the world.
Shame comes from within...it’s not covered up easily.
The power of confession
1. Secrecy doesn’t work anyway
2. There’s mercy in confession.
The Gospel is patterned, promised, or present all throughout scripture.
They weren’t truly lost from God in the garden. And neither are we.
Promises FOR YOU from God:
DIRECTION: Proverbs 3:5-6
REST: Matthew 11:28-30
THE IMPOSSIBLE: Luke 18:27
ETERNAL LIFE: John 3:16
NO CONDEMNATION: Romans 8:1
GOOD FROM BAD: Romans 8:28
FREEDOM, PURITY, HOLINESS: 1 Corinthians 1:30
POWER THROUGH WEAKNESS: 2 Corinthians 12:9
STRENGTH: Philippians 4:13
CONTENTMENT: Hebrews 13:5
POWER, LOVE, SELF-DISCIPLINE: 2 Timothy 1:7
Join the conversation! Use #FVChurch and #BetweenTwoGardens hashtags with quotes, pictures, and notes from the message this weekend! And don’t forget to tag Freedom Valley Church!
Use this phone background to remind yourself all week of God’s promises!