TO FAST...OR NOT TO FAST?
Fasting is a willing abstinence or reduction from some or all food, drink, or both, for a period of time. Jesus assumed his followers will fast, and even promises it will happen. He doesn’t say “if,” but “when you fast” (Matthew 6:16). And he doesn’t say his followers might fast, but “they will” (Matthew 9:15). He modeled it for us, by starting off his ministry by fasting for 40 days and nights (Matthew 4, Luke 4)! If you want to get closer to God, fast. If you want to pray for something specific, and hear from God about it, fast. If you want to become more self-disciplined, and see things the way that God sees them--FAST!
Challenge yourself to be in the Word like never before. To learn faster, go deeper spiritually, and become more self-disciplined and in tune with the Holy Spirit. Join us in fasting, today!
We're always praying and fasting for salvations and life change in Adams County, together as a church, Wednesady, April 28th, through Friday, April 30th! But we have some specific prayer requests for Spring 2018 as well! Pray and fast with us, and watch what God does!
- At least 30 salvations in our Easter Services, March 31 & April 1st
- At least 20 First Time Guests in our Easter Services.
- At least 20 new sign ups for our Spring Semester of Growth Groups!
- A new level of spiritual growth in our church body and a passion for evangelism and the Word of God!
- An excitement for Jesus and a passion for the local church in our congregation.